At Hotel BOAT&CO we are very aware of the situation created by the COVID-19 outbreak. This page contains information for current and future guests. Do you have any questions after reading this page? Then do not hesitate to contact us. We are ready to answer all your questions.
From Wednesday 28 April, the curfew was lifted in the Netherlands.
Is BOAT&CO still open?
Yes, we are opened. We have noticed that the concept of our Aparthotels is exceptionally well suited to stay during this crisis. We offer spacious guest rooms, fully equipped kitchens and killer service. Guests, therefore, have either never left or found us relevant as the best place to stay.
What are the benefits of an apartment over a hotel room?
Choosing to stay in an apartment means you’ll have much space to enjoy your stay, plus all the advantages of having a fully equipped kitchen at your disposal. It’s like home, but better! Our hotels have washing machines and dryers, so you don’t need to travel home with a suitcase of dirty laundry.
On top of these benefits, we offer all the services you’d expect in a luxury hotel, including staff and food and beverage facilities onsite and 24 hours a day.
What about hygiene in your public spaces?
Our cleaning and hygiene protocols have been reviewed and adapted to the current situation and we have increased the frequency of all our cleaning processes, including the disinfecting of all surfaces in apartments and public areas, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms.
We have installed sanitation stations throughout the building as well as both standing and floor signage in our public areas to encourage social distancing rules for the protection of guests and colleagues.
We provided protocols and disinfectant to our operational team so they know what to do and may disinfect surfaces and items between guest interactions. Front desks are also well-equipped with antibacterial hand sanitizers and plexiglass safety screens. Medical masks and gloves are provided to colleagues for use when required. We conduct daily meetings with our employees to share updates and to facilitate ongoing training. Staff with cold symptoms are required to stay home.
Do you still offer Housekeeping service in your apartments?
Yes we do, and we do it even better. We are already considered as one of the cleanest hotels in Amsterdam and yet we have increased our cleaning routines. We disinfect all high touch areas and TV remote controls.
What are your apartment cleaning procedures?
We kindly request that you vacate your apartment upon request of the cleaning attendant as they cannot service the apartment while guests are inside. The room attendant will methodically clean the apartment following our increased standard operating procedures.
The room attendant will use hospital-grade disinfectant to wipe down all high touch areas to ensure the maximum level of cleanliness. The final inspection includes treatment by hospital-grade electrostatic disinfectant. Sanitized apartments are indicated by a seal.
Full-Service Cleaning will take between 30 and 45 minutes. Touch up cleaning will take a maximum of 15 minutes.
What happens if there is a suspected case of Covid-19 in one of your Apartments?
Should a guest display symptoms associated with Covid-19, they and anyone sharing their accommodation will be asked to strictly follow government advice and isolate themselves for at least 14 days. Housekeeping services will not be offered during the isolation period, however, the front office team is happy to arrange for deliveries to be brought directly to guests’ apartment door.
How do you clean an apartment where there has been a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19?
Once guests have vacated the apartment, after a period of quarantine of at least 72 hours the following cleaning and quarantine regime will be activated:
- All areas of the apartment are deep cleaned by members of the housekeeping team equipped with disposable gloves and aprons along with eye and face protection
- Hard surfaces are cleaned using a disposable cloth with warm, soapy water. Surfaces will then be disinfected using hospital grade disinfectant
- Where surfaces cannot be sanitized as above, for example, upholstered furniture and mattresses, steam cleaning will be employed
- All soiled items used in the cleaning process and retrieved from in apartment waste bins will be double-bagged for disposal and stored securely for a further 72 hours before being added to general waste
- As is now routine, all employees will wash their hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds between each clean after removing gloves and other protective equipment
How do your team members operate and maintain social distancing?
- From a cleanliness perspective, special attention is given to all back of house areas, with an increased frequency of cleaning focusing on high-touch areas like colleague entrance areas, lockers room, laundry room and canteen
- Staff is trained to keep a social distance of 1,5 meter or wear protective gear
- Staff with symptoms are required to stay at home until tested safe for work
Is there a risk of Covid-19 contamination amongst apartments from the air-conditioning system?
All our apartments are ventilated with air sourced from outside the building. That air passes through a filter before circulating in the apartments. The same air is subsequently extracted to the outside environment through the ducts positioned in the bathrooms, although in some cases also through ducts in the kitchen. Each apartment is ventilated independently, and the air is not shared amongst the apartments.
Our air-conditioning (and heating) systems process the air that has already passed through the ventilation system to produce the desired temperature. The intake grills push the ventilated air through a filter positioned in a fan coil unit which is then heated or cooled before circulating in the apartment. The air eventually leaves the apartment via the ventilation system described above.
Every apartment has an independent fan coil unit with a filtration system. No two apartments share the same system. The fan coil units are cleaned every three months by our maintenance team following government advice that has been specifically designed to respond to the risk associated with the Covid-19 virus. Our maintenance team wears respiratory protectors during the cleaning process to minimize the risk to themselves.
What can I expect on arrival at BOAT&CO?
On arriving for check-in at any hotel you can expect the below:
- Hands-free access to the property as well as/and where this is not suitable, a complimentary supply of hospital grade hand-sanitiser located at entry, exit points and also lift areas.
- Clear signage displaying the precautions outlined by the government, including social distancing rules.
- You will experience minimal contact during the check-in process with our colleagues, protective guidelines and screens are present at reception areas.
- Your luggage will be handled on request only, ensuring all touchpoints are sanitized.
- Sanitized room keys and shared devices.
- You will be provided with a complimentary welcome pack and antibacterial resources upon request
- Some accessories will have been removed from the apartments to minimize contact frequency. But we can provide selected items on request.
- Sincere service form our Guest Service Pro team
- The comfort and luxury of your own private spacious apartment
- A truly memorable stay!
Is breakfast, lunch and dinner still served?
Yes, our restaurant is open and will offer hotel guests takeaway options.
GYM & WELLNESS
Our gym & wellness are currently opened from 7.00 AM - 11.00 PM.
Reservations can be made at the front desk.
How do I get my groceries?
To make your stay as comfortable as possible, we offer to do the shopping for you. Leave your shopping list with one of our reception staff members or call 009 and we will take care of the rest
What measures have been taken by the Dutch government?
The government provides daily updates on the measures it is taking to combat the spread of the virus. We follow the website of the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health & Environment) to stay informed: https://www.rivm.nl/en/news/current-information-about-novel-coronavirus-covid-19.
Updated: 01-06-2021 | 10:15